360° Fitness Assessment Package: $20
This service is free to all Phillips 66 employees during their birth month.
Assessments provide a simple snapshot of one's current health status and physical fitness levels compared to the set norms for your age and gender. The specific tests used will depend on your health and fitness goals and your typical exercise regime. All participants can be assessed on:
- Body Composition
- Muscular Strength and Endurance
- Aerobic Capacity
Approximately 45-60 minutes is needed for the assessment.
Body Composition: $5
Body composition testing determines how much of your body is and isn't fat. The non-fat part of your body is called lean tissue, which includes your muscle, water, bone and organs. Lean tissue is known as metabolically active tissue, the tissue that burns calories all day. The more lean tissue you have, the higher your resting metabolic rate will be. This test will take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete.
Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) Test: $10
Metabolic testing identifies your unique target calorie zones to help you understand exactly what your body needs.
Your Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) is unique to you. The test is a simple, 15-minute breath test that can be done in business attire.
The RMR report will show:
- How many calories you would burn if you exercised moderately for 30 minutes.
- How many calories burned by simple daily activities such as walking, eating, driving, etc.
- Accurate individualized calorie targets to help you lose, gain, or maintain your weight
Once your RMR test is completed, you will learn what it means to "eat to your metabolism". You will be able to eat the maximum amount possible and still lose weight.
VO2 Fitness Testing: $20
This test can be performed with an employee's complimentary birth month fitness assessment.
VO2 Fitness Testing is the ultimate indicator of cardiovascular fitness and the only way to accurately identify intensity zones. This test will measure your precise target heart rate based on anaerobic threshold, then calculates your unique Target Intensity Zones. These zones give you the precise heart rates necessary to optimize each level of exercise and maximize results. Exercising at different levels of intensity will meet different fitness goals. Some intensities burn more fat, some increase endurance, and some focus on strengthening your heart. The test is completed in three steps:
- The individual will put on a heart rate strap and face mask. The face mask will be connected to the CardioCoachTM computer device.
- Begin walking on a treadmill. Your assessor will instruct you to gradually increase your intensity over a period of 6-20 minutes.
- The CardioCoachTM will indicate when the test is complete. You can cool down while your Target Intensity Zones are calculated and printed in a simple report.
How to Schedule a Fitness Assessment
Wellness Center members may visit the Fitness Center front desk or call 918-977-2124 to schedule an appointment. Complete the required forms prior to your scheduled appointment and bring a copy with you.