The Houston Wellness Center offers numerous fitness programs, activities and services to assist employees with their health and fitness goals. Our focus on engagement and education is most important in enabling employees to make better decisions regarding their health and wellness.
Step it Up with the Wellness Center Challenge
May 1st – May 31st
Debut of the Step It with the Wellness Center Challenge
An accountability program to assist members in tracking their steps during the Phillips Company Wide Step Challenge.
- 7000 steps is the proposed daily goal which approximately 3.5 miles.
- Participants will receive a handout to record the number of steps they have completed and can turn in multiple handouts to accumulate step count.
- For simplicity, the program highlights 4 accessible models to track and calculate the number of steps.
- 7000 steps = 3.5 miles
- 2000 steps = 1 mile
- Sports Court 5 laps = 1 mile
- Plaza Atrium 9 laps = 1 mile
- Complete and turn into a Wellness Staff member.
Winning prizes include:
- P66 hoodie, hat, t-shirt or Shaker Bottle.
Hero Month Challenge
May 1st – June 2nd
3rd Annual Hero Month Challenge
A 5-week remembrance exercise program in collaboration with the Veteran’s Network to recognize and pay our respects to the heroes who have served and are currently serving for us.
- Weekly workouts will be relevant to a U.S. Armed Forces branch:
- Week 1: U.S. Coast Guard
- Week 2: U.S. Army
- Week 3: U.S. Air Force
- Week 4: U.S. Marines
- Week 5: U.S. Navy
- Wear the color for the represented branch of that week. The colors being white, black, orange, red and blue.
- U.S. Coast Guard – white
- U.S. Army – black
- U.S. Air Force – orange
- U.S.M.C. – red
- U.S. Navy – blue
- Each week will be a new movement challenge.
- Complete and turn in virtually or in-person to a Wellness Center staff member.
Prizes to not miss out on:
- P66 T-Shirt/Tank, Shaker Bottle and Yeti Tumbler.
For any questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org